music moment | my definative "emergency dance party" playlist

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Bad days, a.k.a. the plague of consciousness, are something we've all experience more than a couple of time in our lives. But you know what never fails to pick me up when I'm feeling funky? Music. Maybe this is because I'm a musician (Hiiiiii! If you're unaware, I'm a classically trained jazz, blues, and soul singer!), but music is my go to pick-me-up because it literally always does the trick. But, of course, it has to be the right kind of music! No sob-inducing ballads for me when I'm in a funk, lest it lead me down a path of wailing and wallowing for days!

Whenever I'm feeling sad, I turn to pop and dance hits to get me up and dancing and feeling at least a little lighter. As a matter of fact, I've always said that if I could institute one required daily ritual for everyone, it would be to have at least one "emergency dork dance party" per day, just for sanity's sake! Which might leave you wondering, "But, Lila, what exactly is an 'emergency dork dance party'??" Well, never you worry, my friends, because I am here to explain: An emergency dork dance party is where, wherever and whenever you are, you drop everything, turn up some good ol' dancin' music, and start dancing. There's only one rule: you have to show off your worst dance moves. That's right: no cool dancing allowed here—that way no one can worm their way out of the ritual with the excuse of "being a bad dancer."

Anyhoo, today I figured I'd give you a taste of what I'm talking about by sharing my Emergency Dance Party playlist. It's got pop/dance hits from around the world that make it absolutely impossible to not get up and move your body! Take a listen, and definitely share your own "emergency dance party" song choices in the comments!


L I S T E N


Post a Comment